Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Most Successful Experiment To Date

Usually recipes of my own creation come out horrendous at first, but this one blew my mind. I give all credit to Noelle for helping me with the proportions:

1.5 oz Rye
.5 oz blackberry cordial
.25 oz simple syrup
.25 oz Amaro

7 drops peychauds
3 drops Fee's Whiskey Barrel Aged bitters
Lime peel garnish, squeeze oils liberally over drink

Last night I made this drink stirred, but I found that as it warmed, the blackberry cordial began to separate a bit. Tonight I shall try shaking. I'm thinking a swizzle stick would work nicely. This drink as a BEAUTIFUL color, and as soon as I get the picture uploaded from Noelle's camera, I'll post it.


Kyle said...

i am a fan of stirring drinks made of all spirits but if the blackberry cordial is extremely thick then obviously it needs a firmer hand and a shake is necessary. honestly, it's worth a blogpost of its own someday about how it holds up to both treatments. at least i hope so :)

Josh said...

Agreed - I had to give this one a shake, and it came out better. The clarity wasn't what I'd like, but hey, it worked. I think a stir would work if the cordial had been strained with a finer strainer, which we didn't have.

Marissa said...

Gratteful for sharing this